2. LED Engineering Lights Installation Guide
3. LED Flexible strip Installation Instructions
4. LED Tube Installation Instructions
5. LM-3700RGB-12-24V RGB Controller instruction
6. LM-3800RGB-5-24V RGB Controller instruction
- 1. Can you explain the major components of an LED tube in detail?
LEDs- Besides the most popular and mature 3528SMD,5050SMD and 3014SMD are also used on the LED tube.The maximum lumen efficiency of the existing LED is 120lm/W,but lumen decay and CRI must also be taken into consideration when talking about the quality of LEDs.
Power Driver- Electrical unit converting AC to DC to power the LEDs system.Constant current driver with input range 85-265Vac is the popular type.The voltage so as for the wattage will be made more precise for a specific country,e.g..18 wattage,230Vac for Spain.
PCB-The plastic PCB has better electrical properties,but the aluminum PCB or MCPCB is much more efficient in heat sink.
Aluminum Housing- The housing that supports and fixes PCB,or accommodate the driver."D" shape housing is more efficient in heat sink than the "C" shape.The appearance,thickness can also affect heat sink ability of the housing.
PC Cover- The cover though which light is reflected and come out.Transparent type has strong light suitable for factory or garage illumination.Frosted lens cover has soft light ideal for office or school illumination,while with diffused light,the wave lens cover is more suitable for large open area illumination.
- 2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of LED tubes with the isolated and non-isolated driver?
(1) Safety.Constant and precise 24V-36Vdc output,safe to install or retrofit.
(2) Reliability.FILM CAPto protect LEDs from being burnt by high voltage surge,or lightning stroke.
(3) Easy Repair.Repaired simply by replacing with a new driver.
(1) Voltage dependent resistor will be burnt by high voltage surge above 400Vac.
(2) Ballast and starter must be removed when inserting to the fluorescent lamp fixture so modification is required.
(3) Price is higher than the non-isolated type.
(1) If designed properly,driver can continue to work even shocked by high voltage surge for several times.
(2) LED tube can work with ballast and starter for some time.
(3) Lower price
(1) If of improper design,it may output 100Vdc around,unsafe to install.
(2) Full set of LEDs will get burnt if the driver is burnt by high voltage surge eventually.
(3) Without the EMC past capacitor,not CE,TUV or UL approved.
- 3. How many types of LED tubes are available in the existing market,what're their features?
The techniques of LED tubes are developing very fast but still have a long way to go.Though several types have been recognized by customers,more new designs are to be approved by the market and consumers.
DC input LED tube (12V/24V/36V),powered by a power supply as that of the LED strip,is the safest type to operate.LED tube comes with the external driver accommodated in the lamp fixture.Separately working in sufficient room,the driver of this type works more efficiently thus has a longer lifespan.Single end powered LED tube is thought to be safer to operate,so is being required by more customers and regulations.
Dimmable LED tube,and voice controllable LED tube signal the future intelligent LED tubes.Manufactures are making an effort to get LED tubes compatible in general lighting designs.
- 4. What types of LED tubes do you recommended based on the current technology?
Manufacturers are trying to develop more reliable,convenient,and safer LED tubes.So far,we recommend customers to take LED tubes with the isolated driver,which is used by more and more factories after disastrous lessons in the past years.Thousands of LED tubes with the non-isolated driver were burnt and returned after working without problem for several months with the ballast and starter.
External driver LED tube and single end powered LED tube are also the types we'll be promoting soon.
- 5. What's the anticipated market trend of LED tubes in 2011?
With the supply increase of LEDs,the price of LED tubes will inevitably go down in 2011.The techniques of the LED tube will become more sophisticated,and some official standards hopefully will be issued.The world awareness of this replacement for the fluorescent will increase greatly so to boost the market demand.